INNOVATION AT THE HEART
San Sebastian, a city for research and innovation
When you consider that the time has come to continue developing your career in a new place, or when you are looking for a location for your new startup, you value above all, a city that offers you:
- To be valued financially
- Be in touch with innovative partners
- To be able to promote yourself or change your company
- Continue training
- Connect with renowned professionals
- Accelerate the entire paperwork process
- Tax incentives and aid available
In short, you need a place where you can continue to learn and grow as a professional using the latest technology and surrounded by the best in your field, right?
Donostia/San Sebastián has been betting on innovation and talent for more than 20 years
Donostia is the destination you’re looking for. And the main reason is its innovation ecosystem
At present, investment in R&D is 2.7 of GDP, a figure higher than the European, national and regional average. To which should be added:
- Fomento San Sebastián’s local aid programmes
- Gipuzkoa Provincial Council’s regional aid programmes
- Regional aid programmes of the Basque Government
- European projects
The capital of Gipuzkoa is one of the leading Spanish cities in attracting European projects
These include the Framework Programme for Research and Innovation, the main objective of which will be to strengthen scientific and technological production and to improve innovation capacity.
Donostia is the city of science, thanks to an ecosystem of research centres and cutting-edge talent including the DIPC, Nanogune or the Centre for Materials Physics, science and technology
Pedro Miguel Etxenike
Keep training at the highest level
Another important point for you is to be able to continue training. Something that you will be able to accomplish thanks to the relationship between the different technological centers, private companies and the 4 universities located in the city.
- University of Deusto
- Tecnum University
- Mondragon University
- University of the Basque Country
A collaboration between the academic world, the city’s public institutions and companies that makes it possible to attract high-level seminars and congresses every year, such as:
- MEETING OF THE SOCIETY OF PAEDIATRIC NEUROSURGERY
- EUROPEAN MOLECULAR IMAGING MEETING
- CONFERENCE ON HIGH SPEED MACHINING
- INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON MATERIALS & ENERGY
- THORACIC SURGERY SOCIETY CONGRESS
- DONOSTIA TECH WEEK
- INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON MAGNETISM AND SPINTRONICS
- BIENNIAL OF THE ROYAL SPANISH SOCIETY OF CHEMISTRY
Nowadays, we can say that renowned scientists and researchers work in Donostia in areas such as nanotechnology, health or physics.
If you have a startup, this is for you
Are you thinking of creating your own startup and looking for a new location for your business? There are many expenses to be faced and procedures to be carried out.
But you have a good idea and your only concern should be to develop it to succeed.
That is why in Donostia you can get the necessary help to make the process easier, among others to:
- Entrepreneurship programs,
- Tax aid and incentives
- Scholarships to start your new business
- Host Programs
- Support and tutoring programs
So that you only have to worry about what really matters: your new project.
San Sebastian, a city that turns upside down for you
As a result, it can be said that one out of every 13 people you will come across on the street is a researcher. There are more than 4,700 researchers working in the city, distributed among the 34 research centres, the technology and business parks, the universities and the hospital complex with lines of research dedicated to biomedicine.
Only you are missing. Are you coming?