|Sector of Activity||I+D|
The Center for Cooperative Research in Biomaterials (CIC biomaGUNE) launches the 2020 Summer Research Program, with the support of the Maria de Maeztu Excellence Program, to provide undergraduate students the opportunity to have an insight into the institute’s research activities and to conduct research within an international scientific environment.
Under the supervision of a group leader or a senior member of a research group, students will carry out a short research project, in addition to receiving training. During their stay, students will have access to suitable laboratory space, equipment and research supplies. They will work alongside pre‐ and post‐doctoral researchers and receive training at the highest levels, also by participating to CIC biomaGUNE seminars.
A maximum of 8 internship positions will be awarded in 2020
The program runs for a total of 8 weeks during the months of June, July and August. The call is open to undergraduate students of any nationality.
Eligibility criteria for undergraduate students
– Undergraduates with an excellent academic record and a strong interest in biomaterials science (prior lab experience is highly recommended), who are in the final two years of BSc studies in Chemistry, Materials Science, Biology, Medicine, Bioengineering, Biochemistry, Nanoscience, Physics or related areas.
– Students who are in the third year must certify having passed at least 140 credits of the degree by the time the internship starts.
– Candidates may not have finalized the degree at the time of the internship (Summer 2020).
– Candidates must also accredit an average score equal to or greater than 6.5/10 (Spanish system) in Engineering and experimental sciences (physics, chemistry, etc.) or in Life sciences
– Candidates must have a good working knowledge of English.
– Candidates should make sure it is possible formalize an internship agreement through their University
|Career Opportunity / Job Vacancie||2020 CIC biomaGUNE Summer Research Program|