|A researcher is required in the area of energy storage, capable of developing and implementing the multi-physical models for lithium-ion and lithium-metal batteries.
The successful candidate must demonstrate solid knowledge in:
– Python programming or advanced programming in another similar language and the ability to adapt
– Experience in implementing numerical methods for solving systems of differential equations and partial derivative equations
– Modelling and simulation of complex problems: multi-physics and multi-scale problems
Additionally, knowledge in the following areas will be an advantage:
– Lithium-ion and electrochemical battery modelling
– Modern programming tools, display and software development (Git/SVN, Plotly)
– Mathematical, statistical and machine learning optimisation
They will be in charge of implementing new mechanisms and features on an existing battery simulation code. This will require knowledge of Python programming as well as fluency in deducing and implementing variational formulations for complex models.